- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination.
- Responsible for defining the scope of development for new product features ongoing feature improvements including management of all backlog and project management activities.
- Write and prioritize user stories and define acceptance criteria.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners.
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems and efficiently use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product.
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team.
- Run various ad-hoc research and business analyses to assess opportunities and risks.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal while independently starting to study and learn the Toptal product suite.
- Become acquainted with your product area, the product goals, and those you will partner with.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work cross-functionally and with Senior PMs to organize and prioritize your high-level roadmap and backlog.
- Start collaborating closely with your development team.
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully support a product category, working collaboratively to complete quarterly planning and set OKRs.
- Ship features that deliver high business impact.
- Be fully embedded into and owning a development team.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve the team’s processes through meaningful contributions.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Work alongside Senior Product Managers to discover new product opportunities for your backlog.
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon our roadmap initiatives.
- Work across the Product team to measure and refine the roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year, expect to:
- Deliver on your roadmap priorities and promises.
- Ensure your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Work cross-functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
- At least 4 years of proven software product management experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Comfortable working with SQL or spreadsheets to analyze data as well as conducting research through various discussions with customers and teammates.
- Strong expertise using data to synthesize information and make decisions.
- Ability to creatively craft solutions through data and a customer-centric approach.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with an aptitude for keeping things simple.
- Be meticulous and have a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approaches, and testing a feature before it is released.
- Be humble, willing to learn, and do whatever is needed to help us accomplish our goals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams and the ability to keep up with a fast-paced and global company.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.