Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3)
. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
We're looking for someone to join our growing Customer Support team! Obsessing over our users is one of the key Hotjar values, so you'll help us continue to provide outstanding support.
Reporting to our Compliance team, you'll take care of all the customers with any Security, Legal, Privacy, and Compliance related questions. You'll also work on projects to evolve our customer experience in these areas, specifically collaborating with our Compliance team on a frequent basis.
You'll be an enthusiastic problem solver, keen to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You'll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work – with failures an inevitable part of your experiments. Above all, due to the nature of these queries, you can deal with unique situations in an autonomous manner.
We invest a lot in developing our support team, so this is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Support our customers through Zendesk
- Help create internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our response times
- Collaborate with stakeholders in our Legal, Privacy and Security (“Compliance”) teams to ensure accurate customer communication and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team to plan and execute projects
- Help shape the duties and rituals around this role – you are our first hire for this position!
- 2 years of customer support experience
- 1 year of experience with Trust and Safety issues or in a related field such as Privacy, Security, Legal
- Excels at collaborating across different departments and managing expectations
- Proficiency in explaining deeper concepts in a simplified, systematic manner and an ability to handle delicate subjects and high stakes situations
- Experience with legal, security, and compliance requests/questionnaires and in identifying a privacy, security or legal issue
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €55,000 to €70,000
annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.