Who is TextExpander:
We’re a growing team of over 40 individuals working remotely across 11 time zones and toward a common vision: a world where businesses and individuals can fully connect with others through efficient and personal communication.
You will start by learning from our current team and offerings to become intimately familiar with our codebase. As you improve your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute by updating both the Windows-specific and common parts of our application codebase. You'll also be welcome to contribute features to our core codebase. Leverage your experience to develop Windows and common code components that customers of all sizes use every day while establishing best practices for Windows development and driving the team and the codebase to a higher level.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, testers, and designers to spec, write, test, and deploy code which brings our frontend to life
- Write frontend code for the TextExpander Windows app
- Work with our QA folks to test and validate your work
- Participate in and receive peer code reviews
- Work with other departments (Support, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Growth) to incorporate their feedback into the Windows experience
Who you are:
You're no stranger to building well-designed, performant, and effective Windows applications. Our engineering team will rely on your technical expertise to take our Windows development to the next level.
You're comfortable working in a distributed environment with a small and talented team where your efforts to grow professionally are fully supported. You can manage your time well and can communicate and collaborate effectively and asynchronously.
You're a problem solver. When a complex obstacle presents itself, you enjoy finding your way around it with maximum efficiency.
You've got a creative streak. You know what looks good and what doesn't.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to join our talented, internationally diverse, remote team as we learn, grow, and continually improve.
- 5+ years of practical experience writing Windows apps, specifically in winapi/win32
- Knowledge of React or a similar framework
- Knowledge of Boost
- Experience building and debugging in a team development environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, willingness to share with and learn from others
Skills needed to succeed at TextExpander:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with little supervision
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a remote team
- Highly detail-oriented
- Adaptable, able to learn and grow
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable (like us!)
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- React (specifically, ReactDOM in a hybrid app, not React Native)
- Experience working on cross-platform applications, especially with C++
- Various Windows Accessibility Frameworks, e.g. UIAutomation, MSAA.
- Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) experience
- Automated UI testing
- Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- Design and implementation of accessible products
- Remote work experience
- Experience with Git source control
- Comfort with Macintosh, Windows, and Chrome operating systems
- College education and/or previous relevant experience
Why you should join the TextExpander team:
Speaking of our values, we’re not short on teamwork! Working with us, you'll hear your colleagues say things like “I've got your back” and “yay for failing”.
Work/life balance is a priority for our team — as an international team, asynchronous work is an essential part of how our company runs. Learn more about how we work.
We strongly embrace diversity, and highly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they're not sure they meet all qualifications.
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Work remotely
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Salary based on experience
The Fine Print:
TextExpander is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad.
TextExpander provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.