- Plan, prototype, scope and develop backend components. Requirements can vary significantly with the client, particular creative execution and technical requirements, but ultimately you will be responsible for backend components with each project.
- Learn, champion and build upon Medusa, our backend framework, to continually improve functionality and maintain reusable modules.
- Collaborate closely with small, multidisciplinary teams of frontend developers, designers, 3D artists and producers to develop backend features, primarily in Node.js and Firebase backend services.
- Work closely with backend and ops teams to continually evolve, improves practices and processes.
- 3-5 years developing secure, scalable, production ready web applications in Node.js
- Proficient in Cloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database and writing security rules.
- Experience working on web applications at scale with high concurrent users.
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts and able to maintain and develop features to both server and client ends of WebSockets applications.
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas for maintainability, performance and scale.
- Ability to manage your time and communicate effectively while working remotely.
This is a short-term contract position with a view to go full-time. Compensation based on experience.