Commitment & Contract
Full-time, permanent (tempo indeterminato).
Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
Compensation & Benefits
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are on us when you work from the office.
- Health care coverage, free weekly yoga classes, and a welfare plan for your well-being.
- The latest Mac, iPhone, and wireless noise-canceling headphones, as well as any software you might need to perform at your best.
- Our total compensation is top of the market and can grow rapidly and include stock options depending on your performance.
We’re aiming to become the #1 in the world at developing and publishing mobile apps. How could software engineering not be at the very core of this enormously ambitious mission? Already serving tens of millions of users and adding hundreds of thousands every day, we rely on our exceptional engineers to build next-generation tools that will make us the most effective and efficient workforce in the industry. With bigger and bigger frontiers to conquer, we’re looking for a passionate, bright, and driven software engineer that is eager to bring our tools and infrastructure to the next level.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Take an active role in identifying the tooling and infrastructural needs of the company, and participate in defining the plan to fulfil them.
- Help define the software architecture of new tools or that of new features for existing tools, and then develop them. The work spans broadly from the most infrastructure- or backend-oriented to the development of complex front-ends.
- Constantly improve the quality of our tools and infrastructure by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary.
- Expand our set of libraries as needed to make yourself as well as other engineers more efficient and effective.
- Stay informed on new, relevant technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to boost our productivity and the enjoyment of our work.
What We Offer
- Huge impact. Your tools and infrastructure will be powering our entire organization in its serving tens of millions of users and pursuing market domination. Will that get you out of bed excited in the morning?
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn (and teach to!) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Own products. We don’t work for clients, but only develop our own apps. Freed from politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You’ll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces… the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- International reach. Our audience is wildly international. Our company language is English. We’re a global reality.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan, the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “punch in, punch out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Continuous education. We pay for your Italian/English language lessons, but that’s not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we’re delighted to foot the tab.
What We Look For
- Passion for the topic. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software. It’s a big plus if you have a demonstrated interest in developing tools, complex front-ends, or infrastructures.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and look to understand stuff truly in depth.
- Drive. You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- Pragmatism. Far from being too academic or obsessive in your perfectionism, you understand that, when getting things done in a competitive world, speed is often as important as quality.
- Curiosity and initiative. You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- Attention to detail. You care to develop quality user experiences for your colleagues, go the extra mile to learn what they need, and tend to notice the details that make a difference.
- Diligence, organization. You can blindly be entrusted with big responsibilities as well as small, more menial tasks.
- Humbleness. You’re down to earth, eager to listen to people’s feedback and constructive criticism, and ready to get your hands dirty with whatever the team needs to succeed.
- Proficient in English. You read and write proficiently, and speak at a conversational level in English.
- Address Milan, Corso Como 15. It’s fine if you prefer to work remotely sometimes. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for twelve weeks.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5