About the role
- Nurture and grow client partnership – Collaborate with Business Development to increase client value through current and future services offerings
- Grow expertise around client’s industry, its product's users, and its company culture to help inform Business Development on growth and retention opportunities
- Collaborate with appropriate disciplines to develop creative proposals for new opportunities focusing on unique client needs
- Provide coaching and servant leadership to help product teams achieve optimal performance in the DockYard Way as Scrum Master.
- Use servant leadership techniques and the Agile methodology to enable the project team in collaboration with other project leads.
- Supports resource onboarding and offboarding and continually optimizes processes and documentation, making recommendations internally and to the client.
- Serves as escalation point for projects when needed
- Report on overall health and dynamic of project teams to leadership; provide feedback to management on opportunities for team members to be more successful.
- Regularly communicate project status and escalated risks effectively, acting as the liaison between the project team, DockYard leadership, and client stakeholders.
- Provides engagement quality assurance and leadership
- Gathers and delivers feedback to the client team; facilitates escalation of concerns and improvements at regular intervals
- Depending on the needs of the client or project, the Client Partner should be prepared to serve as the Product Manager and/or Product Owner role on the team.
- Product Manager: Become the subject matter expert and own product strategy on behalf of a client, and drive success of a product throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Product Owner: Own the product roadmap, milestone planning, writing requirements and user stories, and managing priorities.
- Collaborate closely with client counterparts to meet product ownership expectations, provide guidance to assist with internal objectives.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering Leads to drive and evolve product strategy
- Travel 1-2x per quarter or as needed to build client partnership
- 5+ years experience in software development consulting or an agency role
- Experience in the business development process
- Proven success in developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Experience with Agile development – Scrum Master experience preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking (e.g., participating in proposals, presenting to clients)
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite)
Nice To Haves
- Technical skills or experience working with a deeply technical product
- Previous experience working for a remote company