The DataOps Engineer will plan and execute implementation projects using our DataOps software to make our customers wildly successful. Some projects focus on SQL., Most projects are integration focused and use Python. All projects orchestrate data pipelines, reduce error rates, and deploy code into production (CI/CD). This position requires technical skills, communication skills, attention to detail, follow-up, and the ability to self-manage.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the success of a project. You will plan and implement the use of DataKitchen’s DataOps software in customer environments, starting with
Proof of Concept projects through ongoing production operation.
- Some projects will be SQL focused. You will gather requirements, work with raw data, design a schema, do data transformation, write automated tests, and manage deployment and
- Other projects will be more integration focused. You will orchestrate the customer’s existing tools and analytic assets via Docker, APIs, or CLIs. You will use cloud (e.g. AWS,
GCP, Azure) facilities to spin up environments.
- In both cases, you will become a master at using DataKitchen software to orchestrate, test and deploy Recipes (data pipelines).
- Engage in consistent, proactive client communication to positively impact customer loyalty. Partner effectively with internal teams to drive growth and address customer concerns
efficiently and decisively.
- Travel to customer sites as necessary.
- Experience on implementation projects.
- Experience with SQL and Python (or equivalent).
- Continuous integration frameworks and unit testing.
- Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience delivering products in data management, analytics, data pipelines or data science is required.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including listening and the ability to adapt to audience needs.
- Superior customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive, resourceful and solution-oriented.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
We offer competitive pay, stock options, health and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, incentive stock options, open time off policy, an experienced team, amazing customers, and a cool office location with a well-stocked kitchen. Visa sponsorship and relocation is available for the right candidate already in the United States. A background check is required.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5