👏 Looking to use your incredible design powers for good? You’re reading the right job post.
At Yoko Co, we know that life is short, which is why we exclusively serve clients who are working to make a positive impact. From rescuing pets, to saving lives, to building communities for brilliant minds, the only pixels we push help make the world a better place.
The people who work here are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From designers to strategists, project managers to developers, we aim to make each other better every day.
If this sounds like your speed, we’d love to hear from you.
🎨 In this position, you'll:
- Design websites, landing pages, interfaces, web apps, and whatever else comes up. If it’s something people look at on a screen, it’s fair game.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, producers, and strategists, though sometimes you’ll fly solo.
- Be involved throughout the full process, from wireframe to lockup, from the first kickoff meeting, to the final QA.
- Help refine our production process and make us a better team.
- Work on meaningful, impactful projects
🏆 You’ll do well in this job if you:
- Have a great eye for detail, and a deep knowledge of UI/UX best practices.
- Are up for exploring new ideas, trying new styles, and seeking out new sources of inspiration.
- Can give and receive meaningful feedback, and you don’t take it personally when something doesn’t work out.
- Are flexible, and understand that sometimes you’ll have to wear an unexpected hat or two when things don’t go as planned.
- Hold yourself accountable, and you do the things you’ve promised.
- Have at least a decent understanding of basic development principles, like grids, the box model, general HTML & CSS, and working with WordPress. (The more the better, of course.)
🎭 However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here, and while we wish we could pour ourselves into just one thing for weeks at a time to make it perfect, that’s often not the reality.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” While we try to utilize everyone in the best way we possibly can, sometimes things can get dicey and we have to pitch in to help reach the finish line.
👀 The interview process:
You’ll do 3-4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving onto more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the middle of the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here.
🎁 If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
🦆 A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website
to learn more.
✅ To apply:
If you’re interested, send an email to [email protected]
with the subject line “Good Pixels
” — While you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you and get a link to your portfolio.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.