Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years and the world’s first “University For Life,” serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
As a department head, the Director of Product is in charge of a board scope of product-related activities:
- Establish high-level product vision in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Conduct an extensive needs assessment with both internal and external stakeholders to determine and develop and short and long term product roadmap.
- Lead the product lifecycle, from ideation to release.
- Plan and prioritize what (and when) the product teams will deliver.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure product delivery.
- Build and monitor plans around the ongoing performance of current product offerings.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Directly and indirectly managing those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products.
- Engage with existing employees to assess and prioritize their product needs.
- Engage closely with the sales, marketing, customers to gather and promote the most relevant ideas into features.
- Go-to-market: Work with cross-functional teams to deliver a complete product experience.
- Experience with leading the development and use of digital platforms and technology products.
- Ability to create a vision and also execute on the day to day implementation.
- Experience working on an Agile development team.
- Ability to concisely breakdown and communicate complex ideas.
- Sophisticated communication (written and verbal), negotiation, problem-solving, collaboration skills to effectively work with other leaders, customers, and stakeholders to evolve AOEU’s products.
- Experience with key evaluation metrics that drive prioritization and continued investment decisions within the organization.
- Track record in developing and taking new innovative products to market.
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team.
The duties of this position are typical of those performed in the home office setting with normal ranges of temperature. The majority of tasks will be performed while sitting at a desk.
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like.
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase.
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university. Therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy.
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Product management experience in a SaaS or Cloud-based company.
- 7+ years of experience leading digital products across multiple lines of business.
- In-depth knowledge of web systems and architecture, design and development.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management, and knowledge of various Agile frameworks.
- Experience working in or within K-12 and or Higher Education industry.
- Experience in data analysis and data-driven product design.
- Experience working in a remote capacity is strongly preferred.
Structured as a full-time, exempt, and salaried position, this individual will report directly to Derek Balsley, Founder and CEO. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Payroll is issued on a monthly basis paid on the 15th of the month.
- Interested applicants should complete the Application packet and upload a current resume by September 30, 2020.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified as applications are submitted.
- Anticipated position start date of October 15, 2020.
- APPLY HERE: https://theartofed.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=69