As getAbstract continues to expand its market leadership, we are always looking for excellent people to join the various teams in Switzerland and the United States.
getAbstract seeks to hire only the best. To be part of an exciting future, email your resume to [email protected].
If you are interested in writing summaries on a freelance basis, click Apply.
You will receive electronic confirmation that we have received your resume. We will assess your application and will contact suitable candidates when we’re expanding the team.
We are looking for a motivated, responsible and competent Journalist with at least 3 years of publishing experience, ideally online. As an Editor (50%, EN) you will be part of our new context editorial team, whose main task is to furnish our digital knowledge platform Journal by getAbstract with appealing, useful content and to provide our (future) clients with information that solves the real problems of a fast-paced business world. Can you wrap up solutions from our library in a witty text, or even generate spot-on multimedia content to help and impress our international audience? Apply today!
- You will play a decisive role in the development of an online knowledge magazine. Without limiting yourself just to text, you will find the right way to bring relevant context on topics of the hour to your target audience.
- You will use your understanding of getAbstract‘s business model to connect your current affairs contributions with our clients’ thirst for knowledge. By building that bridge, you’ll widen our client circles, help people understand what is going on around them and how they can use knowledge to improve, both personally and professionally.
- You will contribute to getAbstract’s thought leadership reputation by generating intelligent content (interviews, presentations, etc.) on an equal footing with best-selling authors, academics, practitioners and fellow editors.
- You will evaluate trends in business, leadership, science and technology, and explain them clearly and concisely. You will take responsibility for related knowledge sections, curate their content and add missing pieces in a creative, fast and efficient way.
- You’ll use your excellent journalistic skills in writing, editing and publishing for a specific target audience.
- You’ll think ahead with us – a pioneering company in digital knowledge transfer – to create real, lasting knowledge and added value.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- You have at least three years of experience in journalism, can understand complicated issues at first glance, explain them in a simple and fascinating way. When it comes to content production, style and text accuracy, no one can fool you.
- You work independently, quickly and have a good feeling for big topics, the English language and your target audience.
- You understand what it means to think, write and conceptualize in a customer-centered way and you are an excellent communicator both internally and externally. In addition, you have a clear, enlightened attitude towards the value of knowledge and its communication.
- You have no problem with exposure and constructive criticism – on the contrary, you love both.
- You can work in a team, even remotely, and in cooperation with very different departments and their requirements.
- A generally optimistic mind-set, a university degree, and experience with WordPress, Photoshop, copyediting and/or proofreading are advantages
What is in it for you?
- A dynamic, collaborative, team-based culture where your ideas are always welcome.
- A flexible and friendly workplace environment with great colleagues. Our headquarters is based in Lucerne, Switzerland – but you may work from where you want.
To learn more about getAbstract’s company culture and mission, visit our “About us page.”
Think you might be the right fit? Please submit your application and supporting documents (letter of motivation, CV, and diplomas and work certificates) to [email protected] with attention to Michael Wiederstein, Executive Editor Context. We look forward to receiving your application!
Freelance Writer (English/Mandarin)
At getAbstract, we believe that succinct, reliable, up-to-date knowledge is the basis for successful decision making. We provide millions of subscribers with summaries of the most relevant books, reports, articles and videos in the field of business and beyond.
As we plan to broaden our coverage of original Chinese publications, we are looking for a freelance journalist who is fluent in Mandarin and an experienced writer in English (mother-tongue level).
If you meet these requirements, please send your résumé and some English writing samples to [email protected]. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
- Address https://www.getabstract.com/en/contact
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5