Who we are- the story behind Deel
Payroll for remote teams. Over $92B is spent every year by US companies on global talent. Remote work is growing exponentially, but global onboarding and payments haven’t caught up. Deel is the first payroll platform for remote teams that connects localized compliance and payments in one system of record and automates everything.
Our goal is to offer every company that hires remote talents with a one-stop-shop that makes onboarding, global compliance, and payments a piece of cake. Talent is everywhere; opportunities should be too.
Who we really are- the people behind Deel
Deel Headquarters is in San Francisco where our sales team likes to show off their view over the San Francisco Baybridge. Otherwise we are remote, New York, London, Toronto, Belgrade, Kiev Tel Aviv and everywhere and anywhere else.
We like to surround ourselves with people who are warm and creative, move quickly, enjoy building things, and can reason and debate without animosity. We’re generating revenue and growing fast. We’re backed by A+ investors, including Y Combinator, Elad Gil, Weekend Fund, Daniel Gross. We form small teams, and scale fast.
- Join a multi-functional remote team to own our products from top to bottom.
- Participate in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have a real impact on the products owned by the team.
- Collaborate with other specialists and teams to develop new features, APIs, improvements, and fixes to handle our current and future scale.
- Build new features
- Be a part of the team’s on-call rotations.
- Help our customers have an awesome experience with our products especially in the areas of subscription, tenant and customer teams management.
Technologies you need to know
- Experienced with AWS services such as API gateway, S3, lambda, Kinesis
- Proficiency with Node.js and at least one other server side language such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP or .Net.
- Strong experience working with no relational and document-based database technologies, mainly PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB.
You’d be a great fit if you
- Have a deep understanding of designing, writing, running, maintaining and debugging applications across the whole stack in one or more of the technologies listed above.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results, and have excellent verbal communication skills
- Believe that writing code is just the tool to solve customer problems and solving them is what really matters. That said, you should have good problem solving skills
- Have a business-driven approach to software development and are focused on the outcomes rather than outputs.
- Have Attention to detail, and always place yourself in your customer’s place
Bonus points if you
- Have experience with a 24/7 SaaS product, running on a major vendor cloud
- Have experience with serverless application architecture on AWS
- Have experience working in distributed teams and work environments.
- Have experience solving problems connected with subscription management, teams access management and access auditing in SaaS products.
- Have knowledge in the Fintech space
Preferred Time Zones: GMT-2, GMT+3
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are transparent about how we run our recruiting process
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive Equity
- Embrace Distributed Work
- Inclusive Work Environment
- All-expenses paid international company off-sites
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5