OUR TECH STACK
- Language: latest TypeScript
- Foundation: React, react-router
- State management: Strongly typed custom react hooks
- Styling: css-in-js (Emotion)
- Bundling: Webpack
- Packaging: Docker
- Testing: Jest
- Quality: tslint, Prettier
- Language: Scala
- Foundation: akka, akka-streams, (some lagom)
- Data storage: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3
- Packaging: Docker
- Testing: scalatest
- Quality: scalafmt
- Organization: microservices
- Source code management: GitHub
- Continuous integration: Drone CI
- Provider: Digital Ocean
- Orchestration: Kubernetes
- Workflow: Continous deployment
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of 3 developers, a designer, and a product manager. You’ll be part of the whole feature development lifecycle. You’ll see all the customer feedback and will be encouraged to come up with your ideas or objections.
- Develop new awesome features for our product
- Maintain and improve codebase
- You deconstruct recurring problems into their single pieces to produce highly modular and reusable code
- Profound knowledge in React and TypeScript
- Profound knowledge in modern CSS
- Profound knowledge in Scala (nice to have: akka)
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience in modern HTTP Rest APIs
- Knowledge in writing tests
- Agile mindset
- Working autonomously as well as being a team player
- You could win a debate on tabs vs. spaces conducted entirely in English 😉
- Nice to have: Experience in DevOps and experience with Docker
You’ll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
- A steep learning curve. Take responsibilities as big as you can handle.
- Competitive compensation based on prior experience.
- Permanent contract and flexible working hours (incl. home office).
- MacBook Pro or notebook and monitor of your choice
- Free snacks and drinks
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Language lessons
- Relocation Package for foreign (non German) candidates relocating to Hamburg
At airfocus, we’re reimagining the way teams make decisions. From how they prioritize their never-ending list of features, ideas, and projects to how they create beautiful yet effective roadmaps, the work we do is shaping the future of collaboration and strategy. To get there, we’ve brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle challenges along this ride. We believe in learning by doing – and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience.
We strive for product excellence, a superior user experience, and great storytelling because we believe those are the best ways to create value for our customers and employees. Our team is made up of talented individuals who are highly motivated to grow our company and themselves – and have fun in the process.
Join us and help shape an amazing company. From Hamburg, or wherever you best get stuff done.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5