Vanilla is looking for a Marketing Generalist/Growth Hacker to join our fully remote team in building estate planning tools – for advisors, lawyers, and consumers. We’re a growing group of designers, developers, attorneys, financial advisors, and operations managers, who share a passion in building beautifully designed products for an outdated industry.
Because we are a small team, we’re looking for someone who can wear many different hats, be an owner and leader of their domain, and work collaboratively to build our brand and reach within the industry. On our team, you will have a serious impact on our company’s trajectory and the story we tell about ourselves. This position is contract to hire – both full time and part time positions will be considered.
- Marketing generalist responsible for managing Vanilla’s marketing efforts across all platforms.
- Plan and execute a strategy for paid ads.
- Manage all marketing funnels, with a clear strategy for moving leads between stages.
- Develop and maintain a consistent content schedule across all relevant channels.
- Develop marketing materials for advisors to share with their clients.
- Create Vanilla press kit and coordinate with press.
- Coordinate with design team to produce content for marketing needs (Landing pages, PDF’s, social media graphics) .
- Directly manage and assist our outsourced team of experienced content creators.
- Develop a marketing strategy that supports the business goals.
- Set guidelines for the written tone and style of branded content.
- Understand the needs of various target audiences and use the appropriate brand “voice” to connect with readers.
- Able to write copy that is plain-speaking, free of jargon.
- Explain complicated ideas clearly.
- Experience with FinTech preferred but not required.
Additional Areas of Ownership Include:
- Work collaboratively with product, design, support, and sales to develop and distribute relevant content
- Lead development for a variety of written materials: blog posts, emails, thought leadership, video scripts, and landing pages – this includes finding and managing the right resources to develop content.
- Identify new opportunities to use content to engage with our audience
- 3-5+ years content marketing strategy experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills: able to craft engaging stories (ads, blog posts, landing pages, etc.). Please include a link with samples of your work
- Experience writing for a relevant audience: technology experience preferred
- Teamwork and collaboration: Ability to foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners
If you think you might be a fit for this role and for our team then we’d love to talk.
Email your resume AND a letter to [email protected] letting us know why you would be great for the job (must have letter explaining why you are a great candidate!) The first line of the cover letter must have the following information: “My favorite ice cream flavor is ______.” This helps us filter who read the entire post – we said we needed someone who is detail oriented, didn’t we?
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5