We’re searching for a forward-thinking developer to join our team.
- You’ll be writing and pushing code pretty much every day, sometimes with other developers, sometimes flying solo.
- You’ll help us refine our WordPress/tech stack, moving us towards a leaner, faster, more modern approach.
- You’ll work on multiple projects at once: big ones, small ones, and weird ones, building new things, and extending existing web properties.
- You’ll collaborate closely with our strategic and creative teams to help architect custom solutions and workflows, balancing idealism and pragmatism.
Technical Skills & Professional Traits
- 3+ years of PHP and a solid understanding of OOP (work with frameworks like Laravel is a plus)
- A solid understanding of JS and experience working with frameworks like React
- Excellent responsive HTML & CSS skills, including Sass
- 3+ years of technical experience with WordPress and the LAMP stack, including working with custom fields/post types, interacting with the REST API, poking around the database, and trying not to karate chop your monitor when you discover your client is running four page-builder plugins at once
- An understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Experience with Git
- Experience with (or an understanding of) continuous integration, and performing constructive code reviews
- The attention to detail needed to accurately build responsive interfaces based on design references
- A talent for troubleshooting and rooting out strange problems
- A love for WordPress and using it to do unexpected things, but also the awareness to know when it’s not the right tool for the job