Now Hiring: Remote Product Manager
👶 Parental Leave
🗺 Anywhere in the U.S.A.
👪 Insurance and Benefits
💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
CartHook is the leading upsell platform for Shopify brands, and we’re growing. To date, our customers have processed over a billion dollars through CartHook and, as we pursue our mission to help ecommerce merchants thrive, we have some big plans for expansion. That’s where you come in.
Who We Are
We are set up as a remote-first company, currently on two continents, and we bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication and processes designed to support and include each other. We come from a variety of backgrounds, with a range of perspectives, which makes us stronger. We frequently work in cross-functional teams, which means you’ll get to work with awesome people in different departments within the company. We leave our egos at the door and value input and ideas from everyone at the company.
How We Work
We’re a hybrid of co-located and distributed teams, so you can live and work just about wherever you want. For this role, we are looking for someone located in the U.S somewhere between the Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8) and Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).
We’re all adults and we trust each other to manage our time appropriately. There’s no need to punch a clock or ask for permission to take off early one afternoon to go see the doctor. We look at what you accomplish, not how long you are in front of a computer. We work hard and smart, but we’re in this for the long haul.
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. In fact, we have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for holiday break in December/January. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. (We look forward to seeing pictures of your trip in #the-pub Slack channel!) Be mindful of Black Friday through Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all-hands-on-deck just in case.
We aren’t satisfied with what we already know; we want to learn more and we want you to as well. Think conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new…it’s up to you and your manager. Let us know what you need.
Insurance coverage: For our U.S. employees, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
Who You Are
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- 2-3+ years of product management experience at a software company (ideally in a start-up environment)
- Ability to analyze product requirements and translate them into engineering specifications, working with the engineering team, design team, and other stakeholders as needed to refine the requirements
- Proven track record of shipping customer-facing features that provide value to both customers and the company
- Desire to deeply understand our business strategy, competitive landscape, and opportunities and apply that to product decisions
- Confidence to dive in and learn new solutions and processes without a lot of assistance
- Innovative, strategic thinker with a high level of business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and artifacts that communicate product strategy and progress
- Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices (such as, Agile, etc.) and product management methodologies
- Bonus points if you have ecommerce industry experience
- Extra bonus points if you have worked on an API product