We are on the lookout for a Project Manager, in Zurich or Remote (UTC+2), to join our maintenance and extensions team! You’ll be leading projects to support, maintain, extend, and add additional functionalities to our existing suite of Open Source Websites. You’ll be working within a complex landscape of different tech stacks, and a variety of clients in different industries and of different needs and sizes, so context switching and multitasking are key. You’ll take over the responsibility of your own client portfolio and support developers in building web applications which our clients will love and you’ll be proud of.
As an Amazee, you’ll be working with a committed and open Drupal and React agency with a passion for engaging web design. Our services include web consulting and web development, as well as hosting and maintenance. We excel in the areas of web design, user experience, and high performing websites.
Great experience is key to who we are, both for our customers and our employees. We want to build great things and have fun doing it.
As a Project Manager at Amazee you will…
- Understand the goals of our clients and translate them into conceptual and technical solutions
- Guide a variety of extension projects, work with capacity planning, estimations, and workflow
- Suggest improvements and new functionalities which can solve clients’ problems
- Bring energy to develop professionally. We don’t believe that we ever stop learning, so we don’t expect you to be perfect. We just expect you to grow with us
- Test functionalities as soon as they are implemented and tested successfully by the developer
- Lead planning, review, estimation and retro meetings
- Regularly brief the client and internal team about the status of the project with regard to budget, progress and timing
- Ensure great communication between all stakeholders, including the UX/Designers, Developers, and Clients
What you’ll bring:
- At least 2 years of experience as a project manager / product owner in a web agency (or something similar, such as web/software/digital project management)
- Experience with budget responsibility (e.g. in charge of managing and tracking the project budget)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Alignment with our values of curiosity, a drive to learn more, and transparency
The following would be Amazeeng (see what we did there) but not a must. It will certainly help you get up to speed quickly though:
- Previous hands on technical experience (experience in software development)
- Written and spoken German
- Experience working within a remote/distributed team
What we’ll bring:
- An open and trusting culture, with flexibility, work/life balance, and employee empowerment
- You suggest to us how you want to spend your biennial soft and hardware budget
- Amazee Extreme – After 3 years, you get to take a paid month off to do something physically or mentally challenging for yourself
- We want you to attend Conferences and Camps to extend your knowledge
- Annual education budget for you to dedicate to your professional development
- Annual fitness/wellbeing budget for you to dedicate to your personal development
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your skills, and anything else you think we should know!
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5