Software Engineering supports AOEU and its mission by making others’ lives and jobs easier through software.
Software should be a tool that allows others to reach their goals more efficiently and effectively. It should be thoughtfully designed, accessible, unobtrusive, and opinionated for the purpose it serves. We work with the Product Team and Stakeholders to accomplish this result.
Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years and the world’s first “University For Life,” serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
Our culture is at the heart of our success as an institution. We believe in a drama-free environment that upholds the ideals of Radical Candor©. We believe that your success is our success. You will always know where you stand and be challenged to grow and stretch yourself in ways you never imagined.
- Writes test plans
- Manually tests code changes to ensure they meet team standards and user requirements
- Identifies and reports reproducible defects with clearly defined steps and conditions
- Develops and maintains automated acceptance test suites
- Helps identify and troubleshoot blocking issues
- Investigates and gathers information on bug reports
- Performs system stress tests and helps identify performance bottlenecks
- Attends and participates in the development lifecycle of all software products
- Understands use cases and applies knowledge of the industry and users to identify potential UX issues and ensure the overall quality of the product
- Works with the product team to fully understand requirements
- Values communication and collaboration with their team and others
- Balances short-term needs with long-term goals
- Thinks about what could go wrong and how we can mitigate the risk
- Takes ownership
- Values learning new technology and using the right tool for the problem
- Utilizes a creative mindset when troubleshooting
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus throughout the day
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift items such as laptops, monitors, and the like
- When traveling:
- The ability to lift or push your suitcase
- Ability to carry/lift up to 25-50 lbs of presentation materials for customers or for conference presentations, etc.
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, and the like
- Experience with End-To-End Testing Frameworks (Cypress, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience manually writing and executing test plans for web applications
- Understanding web accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Source control (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes
- Experience working in a remote capacity
- Interested applicants should complete the Application and upload a current resume by November 15, 2020.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified as applications are submitted.
- Anticipated position start date: December 1, 2020