The salary range for this role is $100,000 to $120,000 with full benefits. It includes a no-strings-attached $15,000 dollar hiring bonus on your first paycheck. We are confident you’ll love working at Defiant and being a part of our amazing team, and our signing bonus reflects that.
At Defiant, we have broken down the traditional wall that exists between Dev and QA. Our QA team is more technical than most and spends time not just finding, reproducing, and logging bugs, but actually diagnosing the underlying cause and providing an unusual amount of detail to our dev team to help them quickly implement a fix.
If you are currently in a QA role that is not as technical as you’d like, and you want to get your hands dirty looking at PHP and JS code, tracing execution, diving into the database, and diagnosing the underlying cause of an issue, then this role may be perfect for you.
Much like the DevOps role broke down the wall between the operations team and the development team, we have broken down the wall between QA and Dev by creating a role that we are calling “QADev”.
This job is 100% remote. You can work from anywhere as long as you have bandwidth. We do most of our calls voice only, and we also use push-to-talk so you can operate in noisy environments like a coffee shop, while traveling, or with kids around.
We are looking for individuals who don’t just do the minimum. Our team tries harder, goes further, digs deeper, pushes technology beyond its customary boundaries. WordPress powers 40% of the web, and we are the leaders in WordPress security. Compromise or complacency is not an option for us.
Our core hours are from 10am – 1pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday. In general, we want our team to be available during that time, but we’re a realistic company, we understand that life happens, and we’re outcome-focused. So as long as you’re doing a great job and getting things done, we are flexible.
At Defiant we have one core value, and that is “Trust”. We trust that you’ll do a great job working remotely, be available during our core hours, and once you run out of work, find other ways to contribute. We don’t micro-manage and we don’t continuously monitor our team or their productivity. If you love QA, are passionate about your job, are productive, and can help the team ship great software, you’ll be very successful at Defiant.
The specific skills we require for this position are:
- Experience testing complex web applications is required.
- Experience testing LAMP applications is preferred.
- Mid-level PHP programming ability and use of dev tools required.
- Experience working with a bug tracking system like Fogbugz, JIRA, or similar is required.
- SQL knowledge is required.
- AWS experience is preferred.
- A passion for testing applications and shipping robust software is a must. This is a quality assurance role, not a developer role.
All positions require a trial period of approximately 3 weeks with a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week. You will be paid for this short-term contract, and it will be used to evaluate whether both parties want to pursue an ongoing, regular employment relationship.
All offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a background check. The results of the background check are considered as they relate to the position and do not automatically disqualify someone from an offer of employment with the company.
- $15,000 one time hiring bonus.
- Full time telecommuting and flexible working hours, with a company that has been 100% remote for over 8 years.
- 100% employee premium and 50% of dependent premium paid by company for premier- level medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 21 days PTO per year to start.
- Approximately 12 paid company holidays including the week from December 25 to January 1.
- 401(k) with a 4% Safe Harbor company match that is 100% vested immediately.
- Latest in laptop and workstation technology.
- Wellness reimbursement program for health and fitness purchases.
- Mobile phone and internet reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Monthly beverage reimbursement for coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Paid training and study time for work-related training and certifications.
- College tuition reimbursement.
Diversity at Defiant
We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, economic status, parental status, or any other non-performance-related status.