We're looking for a Revenue Accountant to join the Accounting team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation. If you love digging into numbers, automating processes, and working with people all across the company to implement new processes and launch new product lines, Zapier might be the place for you!
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- You're a seasoned professional. You have a minimum of 3 years of revenue accounting experience in a SaaS environment, ensuring that subscription revenue and related transactions are properly recognized under ASC 606.
- You play well with others! You enjoy collaborating with multiple people and teams to get things done!
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and get energized by new challenges.
- You obsess over the details. You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy. You are detailed-oriented and care about the nitty gritty.
- You love to jump into new projects. You're eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to write. Whether it's a quick conversation in Slack or a new policy we're implementing, writing is our main form of communication.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Oversee our revenue recognition policies and procedures to ensure we are in compliance with ASC 606.
- Track, analyze and report on metrics, like disputes, churn rates, renewal rates, and ACH returns.
- Frequently monitor disputes and ensure that material disputes are handled appropriately.
- Collaborate with our internal Data team to create dashboards and reports for collections, churn and dunning items.
- Reconcile Netsuite to Processor reports to ensure we have recognized all the revenue items we were supposed to.
- Work closely with our Support and Billing teams to launch new products, expand billing in other currencies or payment sources, and implement process improvements.
- Support the organization on questions related to revenue fluctuations.
- Create, maintain, and distribute reporting on various revenue segments.
- Manage currency rate settings in the billing system.
- Create or update policies and procedures as needed.
- Review and approve or deny exceptions to billing and refund policies.
- Make file/no file decisions on escalated disputes.
- Work with internal departments and payment processors to find ways to improve our processes through automation and innovative new practices.
- Oversee manual billings from payment source exceptions and ensure that renewals are processed timely.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct
provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]