The Front Office Senior Software Developer will work on the in house Derivatives Trading System and will possess technical expertise to build, enhance and support existing and new front office trading applications. He/She must be a self-starter who is willing to work independently in a demanding trading environment. This person should be rigorous, results driven and should be able to work with minimal supervision with exemplary follow through. Previous experience with working in equity derivatives is highly desired. Excellent communication skills are a must as this position involves interacting with the trading desk and other teams on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance new and existing C# .NET & C++ front office applications and services with a strong focus on Structured Notes, OTC/Exotic derivatives architecting and build out.
- Capture & understand business requirements and architect, design and implement technical solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with trading desk, middle office personnel and peer technology teams.
- Integrate solutions with 3rd party vendors including pricing and structure investment marketplaces.
- Provide day to day level 2 application support for multiple trading applications.
- 15+ years of experience in C# .NET.
- 10+ years of experience in capital markets working and strong knowledge & understanding of financial products – ideally derivatives.
- Experience working in C++ is very useful.
- Experience working on any RDBMS is essential.
- Experience in realtime or near realtime trading systems. Experience working on OMS, and/or Risk.
- Experienced in distributed object and SOA architectures.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
BS degree or equivalent with a GPA of 3.0 or above
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job: Information Technology
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Non-Management
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20