Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 12,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our product
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Support and Growth teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and growth experiments
Key Areas of Focus
- Growth Operations: forecasting and evaluating experiments, monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics, building and analyzing dashboards and reports, building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis, and evaluating and defining metrics
- Exploratory Product Analysis: understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends, identifying new levers to help move key metrics, and building models of user behaviors to power product decisions
- Product Leadership: influencing Growth and Product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations, communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams and spreading best practices to Product and Growth
- 4+ years’ of experience doing quantitative analysis within a large-scale company or fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in SQL or other programming languages
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Prior working experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Demonstrated experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g. R, SAS) or other methods
- Demonstrated experience with data visualization platforms like MixPanel and Chartio
- Competitive wages
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.(+13 countries just on the engineering team!)
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Try Out Shogun
As part of the interview process please try and use Shogun to get a feel for the product. We’d love to hear what you think. Here is how:
- Create a Shopify Developer Account: https://developers.shopify.com
- Create a development store: https://help.shopify.com/en/partners/dashboard/development-stores
- Install Shogun on your development store: https://apps.shopify.com/shogun
- Create a couple of pages. We will take a look.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
- Address https://getshogun.com/contact
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10