At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We’re a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. Our recent Series A investment from leading tech-focused VC Draper Esprit takes our total funding to over $20m, following some record-breaking crowdfunding rounds on Crowdcube.
We’re looking for an ambitious and driven qualified chartered accountant to join our growing Finance team as soon as possible. You will report to our Financial Controller and be one of the first people in a growing Finance function. This is a great opportunity to fast-track your career and make an impact at Freetrade.
Over the next 12 months you will…
- Help to develop and embed the financial controls and processes.
- Support monthly internal reporting and annual financial reporting under IFRS.
- Be involved in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Actively participate in the expansion of the business and the team into Europe.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to align processes.
- You recently finished or are within the final months of your training contract as an Auditor or Accountant within a large accountancy firm.
- You are, or will shortly be, a qualified chartered accountant.
- You have worked with clients in financial services, or a similar highly controlled and regulated industry, who report under IFRS.
- You will be used to working independently and thrive in a fast-paced working environment where you can act on and share ideas.
- You have a structured and systematic way of working, as well as excellent time management.
- You are looking for a new challenge in the industry, working in a dynamic and fast growing team.
Applicants will have an introductory call with one of the Talent team. The first interview will be a call with the Hiring Manager followed by a Zoom video interview.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
You’ll have a stake in the company you’re building, with stock options benchmarked to US companies (not Europe), so your equity will be truly meaningful.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you. We’re very open about what we’re working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
Please note we are not accepting agency CVs.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5