- Engages as a technical consultant, providing web development expertise and insights, on internal and client-facing video calls.
- Communicates thoroughly and sets clear expectations with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and clients.
- Offers ideas and provides feedback to help grow and scale Cro Metrics as a business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Critical thinking — You can analyze a problem, craft a solution, and love iterating on your own processes. Every experiment is unique and has a different set of challenges so we often find ourselves in uncharted waters.
- Attention to detail — You have high attention to visual detail, can interpret specifications, can communicate detailed instructions, and leave no edge case unattended.
- Updates internal documentation to help ensure site caveats and learnings are available and disseminated to peers.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, calendars, spreadsheets, etc).
- Experience with A/B/n tests or with leading testing platforms such as Optimizely, Convert, VWO, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Slack, and Zoom.
- Has worked in professionally in eCommerce or web-development, especially modern frameworks (Shopify, WordPress, etc.) and libraries (React, Angular, etc).
- Computer Science degree or professional experience in back-end development.
- Experience working fully remotely.
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts.
- Knowledge of Agile concepts.
- Agency experience.
Our Hiring Process
If you have questions as you go through this, make notes and if we haven’t answered them by the end, feel free to email [email protected] or [email protected].
- 100% remote, continue to work from where you are based
- Health insurance reimbursement allowance
- Retirement plan with 4% company match (subject to a 3 month waiting period)
- Professional gear (e.g. MacBook, monitor, and noise-canceling headset)
- Annual All Hands trips
- Paid Parental Leave
- Liberal vacation policy
- Access to group performance coaching sessions
- Remote has always been our thing. We’ve been fully remote since 2010, so unlike companies that have been remote since March of 2020, we designed our company and culture behind the principles of high-performing remote teams. We’ve always believed remote is the future of work, and much like the experimentation we do, have iterated a lot along the way in a persistent effort to get it right.
- We’re a remote company. We are spread out all over the country. Daytime availability is required for syncing with the team via Slack or Zoom, but Experiment Engineers enjoy all the flexibility remote working has to offer. Want to go on a mountain bike ride in the middle of the day? Cool, don’t forget your helmet! Need to pick the kids up from school? Nice, you’ve got parent of the year in the bag. We stay connected through both synchronous and asynchronous communications.
- We value elegant code as much as you do, but we move fast. We’re writing code that runs on top of existing websites. Some tests only run for a few days before disappearing (though some do so well they become a permanent part of the client’s site). There will be polling patterns and liberal use of !important.
- Again, we’re a remote company. That makes communication — including writing and reading comprehension — extremely important. This is not a simple “pull tickets and give sign off” gig. Successful applicants enjoy collaborating across teams, defining and clarifying needs, documenting processes, improving processes, and uploading custom emoji to Slack.
- Email/Calendar: GSuite
- CRO Platforms: Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, Convert, AB Tasty
- IDE: Your choice. Most of our folks use VSCode.
- Messaging App: Slack
- Video Chat: Zoom
- Task Management: Jira
- Documentation: Confluence
- Code Repository: GitHub
- Time Tracking Software: Harvest
- Design Prototyping Software: Figma
We’ve been fully remote since 2010, so unlike companies that have been remote since March of 2020, we designed our company and culture behind the principles of high-performing remote teams. We’ve always believed remote is the future of work, and much like the experimentation we do, have iterated a lot along the way in a persistent effort to get it right.