- Develop and ship features in Node and React that make attending an event, joining a community, or growing a community simpler and more delightful.
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Plan and automate tests that ensure software works as designed and deals with surprises effectively.
- Suggest improvements to processes to avoid undesirable, repetitive work or introduce qualities which increase desirable outcomes.
- Analyze effects that are happening in production systems to plan and implement improvements.
- You’ll collaborate on design of product features, sometimes doing primary design, sometimes proposing improved design.
- You’ll seek open source software that already solves the problem-at-hand or makes solving it simpler.
- Learn, learn, learn and help educate our team and customers about Bevy and better ways of getting stuff done.
- Work closely with everyone who has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
What we’re looking for:
- You have more than two or three years experience in Node and React and have shipped and maintained a number of features to a production environment.
- You have extensive knowledge of modern day web frameworks and distributed computing.
- You’ve integrated open-source libraries and third party systems into your own software work reliably and efficiently.
- You like solving interesting, hard problems.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You’ve created user experiences that are simple, modern, and accessible.
- You’ve worked on applications which must be concerned with privacy & security. Experience applying OWASP ASVS or other standards is a bonus.
- You reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- You are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication & speak up.
- Experience with Python and Django is a plus.