We’re looking for a senior fullstack engineer to help us build our SaaS and on-premise helpdesk product. If you love working on products used by thousands of people and want to work in a small but quickly growing company, then read on!
At Deskpro, we make helpdesk software and we have customers of all shapes and sizes from across the globe, including Vodafone, Microsoft, NHS, and Panasonic. Deskpro is a large product with a large variety of features and modules, from email, chat, and voice, to blog posts, knowledgebase, and guides, and everything in between. There’s always something new to build.
What you will do as a senior fullstack engineer
As a senior fullstack engineer, you will help build new features and modules, you’ll be involved in shaping our underlying product frameworks and our internal processes like code reviews and deployment, and you’ll get to participate in feature planning and have real input on the direction we take the product and the company as a whole.
You’ll be joining a small team where your specific experience will have great impact. You will have a lot of autonomy over your own projects and you will get to use your expertise to lead by example.
Deskpro is a small company, and that means you will sometimes be expected to dip in and out of various roles as needs arise. You will learn a lot through the varied work, and you will get satisfaction in shipping software that gets used by thousands.
Technology we use and where we’re going
We’re big fans of using the right tool for the job!
Why should you be interested?
- You’ll get to use and learn about many different products, APIs and technologies. Deskpro is the central hub for a lot of companies, and we’re always adding new features and modules and integrations.
- You’ll get to work with real customers and get a peek into how other businesses operate their businesses.
- You’ll get to learn about scaling software as well as scaling the SaaS platform as a whole.
- You’ll get to try out new technology. We are constantly updating our stack and are always on the lookout for tools that will help us be more productive.
Examples of projects we’ve been working on lately
- Voice — Incoming and outgoing calling, including features likes automated call routing and simple IVRs.
- AWS — Moving all our infrastructure to AWS. This has included some ambitious projects like re-writing the email parser to make it more efficient.
- Reports — New reporting system with dashboards, scheduled reports, and sharing.
- Apps platform — A platform that allows third-parties to create “apps” that run within Deskpro.
- Filtering and search — New filtering and search system to improve efficiency, accuracy, and UX.
And we have a lot more projects coming up including social integrations (Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc), asset tracking, approvals, and so much more.
- Strong experience building web apps with PHP and Symfony.
- Strong experience with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- You should be a fast learner. We often venture into unknown territory so you should be a Google-fu master and have experience-driven intuition.
- You should be excited to dive deep into new technology and new programming languages such as Kotlin or Go.
- You should have a strong understanding of software architecture with opinions on “the right way” to do things.
- You should be a “do-er”. You will have a lot of autonomy over your own work, and you will be expected to work with the team to make sure your projects get shipped.
- You work well with others and enjoy sharing your knowledge and leading by example.
- You should love the colour green. We’re putting a big focus on delivering well-tested and super solid software!
- Competitive Salary + Company Bonus Scheme
- Varied work. Both in terms of what product features you will be working on, but you’ll also have the opportunity to immerse yourself in other aspects of the company such as product planning, customer support, etc.
- A mixture of autonomy over your own work and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Your choice of equipment (most of our devs like Macbook’s with two 4k monitors).
- We encourage self-improvement: Company-sponsored server/hosting for your side projects; books; conferences; courses. Just ask!
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms.
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, Monday team breakfasts and Friday lunches. Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks with beers for Friday afternoon.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike Storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership.
No recruiters or agencies please
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5