BigBinary is a leading web and mobile app development firm, led by 2 of the top 100 worldwide contributors to Ruby on Rails. Specializing in Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, and Node, BigBinary has been invited to speak at over 27 programming related conferences worldwide and is one of Inc. 5000's fastest growing companies in the USA. BigBinary has also led multiple clients to and through acquisitions, as well as helping venture-backed clients raise tens of millions of dollars. Our blog is a distinguished voice in the Rails community and has been shared by publications, such as Ruby Weekly, through industry leaders, such as Matz.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to build and implement high-quality software for both internal products and clients. In this role, you will be working alongside industry-leading developers, designers, and QAs to solve problems using software. You will have the opportunity to deliver high-quality work with clients ranging from fast-growing startups to multi-billion dollar corporations, while developing and building your own skill set.
- Write clean, secure, efficient and maintainable code.
- Solve complex technical problems.
- Work with stakeholders to discuss and gather requirements.
- Verify and deploy applications.
- Review the code of other people.
- Participate in architecture discussions and design reviews.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Optimize the application for scalability and performance.
- Improve internal documentation and reference books.
- Located India.
- Fluent in English.
- 3+ years of experience with building and deploying production software in Ruby on Rails.
- Expertise in Git, GitHub and Docker.
- Ability to learn and write production-ready code.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience with ReactJS or React Native is a major plus.
- Holding a B1 Visa (not required).
- Paid a competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work remotely.
- Work at a sustainable pace, with realistic targets.
- Encouraged to contribute to open source projects.
- Participate in a culture of learning and sharing learnings.