At Fandom, we put fans first. As the largest fan entertainment site with 200 million monthly uniques, we are excited in taking the next steps in becoming a truly integral part of the entertainment fan experience—not only by accelerating the creation of the reference content we are known for but also by helping fellow fans connect over their passions through new avenues of content creation while aiding the discovery of their next favorite entertainment titles.
This Senior Software Engineer will be part of our D&D Beyond team. This is a remote position that will call into our Huntsville, Alabama office. D&D Beyond is the official digital toolset for Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition and aims to enhance the D&D experience by making game management easier for players both at the table and between sessions. Players can create, manage, and keep track of characters, as well as browse all of the official rules in the compendium. We’re also giving players the ability to create custom homebrew content to use in the toolset.
Our D&D Beyond team is seeking an experienced software engineer to join Fandom and work on digital companions for the world’s greatest role playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gaming—continuing to bring the most convenience, customization, and captivation to the TRPG community we can.
- Write maintainable, high-quality features in a team-based development environment
- Use a shared code base with peer reviews and pull requests
- Write and maintains unit and integration tests
- Assist with improving code integration and deployment processes
- Participate and occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Adhere to and improve processes and coding standards
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Work in an environment where you have a direct influence on product and technical decisions
- Develop resilient, scalable systems with the latest technology
- Learn from and mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skill sets in a collaborative team environment
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
You will be successful here because…
- You will solicit, accept, and give respectful and appropriate feedback
- You advance team initiatives through action
- You do not fear failure
- You design and develop maintainable software through proper design, testing, and documentation
- Experience with scaling a website for heavy user load, e.g. 1,000,000+ monthly active users
- Experience using AWS services to manage globally distributed infrastructure
- Experience implementing relational or NoSQL databases in a production environment
- Experience breaking down monolithic framework architectures into smaller distributed services
- You have run or played in your own Dungeons and Dragons games.
- 3+ years of service development experience
- Proficient in object-oriented development
- Database experience (SQL and NoSQL)
- AWS / cloud infrastructure experience
- React / JS SPA framework experience
- D&D/Tabletop gaming Interest/Passion
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5