We're looking for a Software Data Engineer to manage our existing data workflows, develop and maintain new ETL pipelines, and conduct data related QA. You will be creating and maintaining production-quality in-house tools within a large shared code base, and the data you curate will be used by thousands of university students, researchers, and marketing professionals.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a high level of attention to detail, is comfortable asking questions, enjoys working with talented colleagues, and has an interest in analytics and data visualization.
This is a 100% remote position, our developers can live and work anywhere in the United States or Canada. This is a full-time salaried position.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Five years of professional software development work experience
- Expert relational database and data manipulation skills
- Experience with data orchestration platforms (Dagster, Airflow, or Prefect)
- Experience with development on large OOP software projects
- Thorough understanding of API design principles
- Ability to maintain our full data processing stack, primarily in Python but with legacy code in PHP
- Experience with Linux servers, including Linux command line and SSH
- Must write clean, production quality, well documented, maintainable code
- Experience with Hadoop (Hive and/or Trino)
- Experience using AWS services for big data tasks