At Freetrade, we believe investing should be open to everyone. It’s one of the best ways to grow your savings, but for a lot of people, investing seems complicated, expensive and remote. We want to change all that!
We’re a technology company that brings simple, free stock investing to everyone. We’ve built a beautiful investing app to trade in real shares, with zero commissions or fees in a fluid, mobile-first experience.
As the first challenger stockbroker to disrupt the £1.2 trillion UK retail investment market, we’re poised to expand into Europe in 2020. Our recent Series A investment from leading tech-focused VC Draper Esprit takes our total funding to over $20m, following some record-breaking crowdfunding rounds on Crowdcube.
Our team is growing fast, and now we’re looking for a mid-level mobile oriented Software Engineer to join us.
- We hire in a language-agnostic way, so whatever your skill set we’re happy to hear from you – you can check out our current stack here.
- You’re team-oriented, keen to share your knowledge and open to giving (and receiving) continuous feedback
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code in at least one native mobile language (Swfit/Kotlin)
- You’re product-minded and understand the tradeoffs between quality and delivering fast
- You’re a strong communicator and thrive working cross-functionally with disciplines from operations to design and growth to finance
- You love to learn new skills and want to develop your existing ones to maximise your potential
- You care about impact, love a challenge, and take ownership of your work
What you’ll do in your first twelve months at Freetrade:
- Own the design and development of multiple features using your strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, functional design, and so on)
- Develop an understanding of our stack
- Write well-tested software
- Support operational excellence
About our stack:
We use serverless technologies such as Firebase, Cloud Composer, and Stackdriver, to build a reliable and performant platform with a small team. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform. We’re language-agnostic, as we’re focused on finding amazing software engineers who are passionate about what they do.
You can read about our engineering interview process here. Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions
The application process consists of an introduction call with one of the Talent team. Followed by a remote technical interview then a final interview in our offices in Shoreditch. You can read about our engineering interview process here.
We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you. We’re very open about what we’re working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forum and our blog.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5