Now a part of Pluralsight, GitPrime is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service platform that generates data-driven performance metrics for software engineering. Prior to joining Pluralsight, GitPrime was recognized as the Number 2 best company to work in Colorado 2019.
We report on the work patterns and the people-side of software development so engineering leaders can advocate for resources and demonstrate that they’re driving business value based on objective data. We have strong product-market fit with hundreds of happy customers and we are growing rapidly.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work every day knowing we’re helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don’t let fear, egos, or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It’s our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds, and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
We are seeking a System Administrator who will join our talented software team to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Who you’re committed to being:
- A Maker who cares
What you’ll own/what you are responsible for:
You and your team will be responsible for our production system and certain key on-prem customers. This includes:
- Manage our AWS infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Performance tune
Experience You’ll Need:
- BS in CS or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience building and/or running highly-scalable systems
- AWS – a minimum of 2 years of commercial experience, addressing urgent and time-sensitive problems on a daily basis
- Kubernetes & Docker – expert experience required. Not less than 2 years handling loads in commercial production
- Some commercial experience with Java 8 preferred. Experience managing JVM’s a must
- Postgres – 2 years of DBA/Production service administration managing real instances
- Linux – min 2 yrs of admin experience with Debian (v 9) and Ubuntu (v 16 LTS)
- Exposure to service mesh technologies (Envoy, Linkerd, etc)
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Service Automation – Shell scripting, CI/CD tools, JVM scripting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Address Remote, OKAY, United States
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20