About your role:
Fandom is seeking a Staff Product Designer who will push boundaries, influence product and design strategy, and make a significant impact on the quality of work we produce as a team. We want teammates who care deeply about building communities, have their own pop culture fandoms they’re passionate about, and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a larger design team.
The role of a Staff Product Designer is a strategic hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, facilitation and presentations skills. We’re looking for someone who can lead delivery of whole product areas working with their cross-functional partners.
As a qualified candidate, you care deeply about design but enthusiastically welcome honest, constructive feedback. You’re able to balance usable designs with smart, creative risks, and are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Successfully lead the design and user experience delivery of whole product areas.
- Help define problem framing approaches for design; establish new starting points that lead to new solutions and strategic thinking, not just execution.
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative and quantitative feedback by collaborating with our UX Research team.
- Leverage your facilitation and storytelling techniques to build trust and establish long-term relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Help design leadership provide additional mentorship and coaching through hands-on expertise of craft to support new designers in their growth.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to define the product and user experience strategy.
- Collaborate with designers across multiple business units to ensure brand and user experience cohesion across our entire product portfolio.
- Push the interaction and interaction design of Fandom forward and help maintain its cohesion by designing and documenting systems and style guides.
- Help shape the design team culture, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- Operate independently to prioritize multiple assignments, present work to internal stakeholders, and deliver killer creative under deadline.
- A designer with 6-8+ years of product design experience.
- A team player and have a strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across Product and Brand design.
- Great at communicating to designers and non-designers alike. You’re able to effectively articulate your design decisions and what problems you’re solving.
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Experienced and comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping and user testing.
- Equally comfortable working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level as well as at a broad conceptual one.
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it.
- Self-driven and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hours
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10