As Kinsta's Technical Documentation Creator you will:
- Create and maintain relevant, customer-centric product documentation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure high quality content.
- Proactively solicit feedback and input from various Kinsta teams to help guide documentation needs.
- Participate in large company projects in order to craft appropriate public documentation.
- Native English speaker and writer.
- As this role is centered around creating documentation, you need to be an amazing writer and communicator. Being able to explain a complex technical concept and process in a straightforward and user-friendly fashion is critical.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable professional experience creating public-facing technical documentation.
- Fundamental and practical knowledge and understanding of common hosting-related topics such as CDN, caching, DNS, domain registrations, Git, Linux commands, MySQL/MariaDB, NGINX, PHP, SFTP, SSH.
- Fundamental and practical knowledge and understanding of WordPress, its database structure, file/directory structure, wp-config.php directives, and other common WordPress-related topics. Experience with WP-CLI preferred.
- Technical knowledge of technologies used in modern WordPress development: Node.js, headless WordPress, static site generators, and other similar technologies.
- Previous demonstrable professional experience creating video screencasts with voice overlays.
- Prior professional experience working directly with customers in a technical support capacity within the web hosting industry.
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access.
- We offer a flexible and relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace.
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- Our positions offer a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow with the company.