Being part of our Field Engineering Team will provide you with a great insight into the industry and exposure to how large networks are built and managed.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of data networking (Layers 1-4) and how the Internet works from a technical perspective, that is looking to make the next step in their career. You need to be fast learning, incredibly hard working and apply initiative in your day to day work challenges. This is a field based role and will involve travelling to customer sites on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/client device issues onsite
- Working with our Customer Service and Network Operations teams to diagnose and resolve reported issues.
- Provide technical services to our physical infrastructure installation team.
- Work with our Installation team to help make sites “live”.
- Carrying out network performance analysis and compiling reports.
- Responding to network monitoring alerts.
- Carrying out scheduled network maintenance.
- Working with senior Network Operations team members to resolve more complex issues.
- Helping us to strive towards technical excellence within our networks helping to deliver an excellent end user experience.
- Carry out onsite wireless surveys for new Wifinity locations and prepare survey reports.
- Carry out Wi-Fi optimisation within our existing sites.
- Provide on-site support to our compliance team and help resolve and conduct remedial work on site to the MoD network installation standards.
- Identify and suggest ways we can improve the network and our procedures.
- General awareness of Health and Safety at work.
What you get
- Wifinity is an awesome Gigabit Provider, keeping over 6 million people, including service personnel, holiday makers and students, connected every year.
- You’ll be part of a company with a vision to deliver Wifi that is so seamless and ultrafast that users do not even know it is there.
- Your colleagues are bold, fun, innovative, collaborative, future focussed and delivery driven.
What we need
- A good understanding and experience of working with Wi-Fi and Network protocols
- Excellent Customer facing skills.
- Current holder of government security clearance to SC or DV.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of network routing, switching protocols and theories including: VLANs, STP, POE, Trunking, Layer 3 Switching, Layer 2 Switching, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Fibre, ADSL, FTTC
- Be able to demonstrate a reasonable understanding of Routing protocols and theories.
- Have a good understanding of the 7 layer OSI model and be able to describe Layers 1-4 in detail.
- An understanding of the different IEEE standards.
- Previous experience of troubleshooting networking, routing, switching and client device issues.
- Previous experience of working with Mikrotik Router OS is an advantage.
- Previous experience of working with Ubiquiti Network Unifi and Airmax product range or Ruckus Access Points and controller is an advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a client-facing environment.
- Ability to adapt to situational needs and be a flexible team member.
- Be handy with physical infrastructure such as data cabinets, cat5, patch panels, crimping etc.
- Have experience running and terminating fibre optic cables.
- Able to work with industry standard infrastructure testing tools.
- Able to work under pressure and self-guided when needed.
- Self-motivated and able to work to challenging deadlines.
- Full EU driving license.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5