Aha! is a self-funded company founded in 2013 by product management experts Brian de Haaff and Dr. Chris Waters. It started with an idea to create a company producing a great product without venture funding, salespeople, offices.
At the moment Aha! is one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States with a fully remote team. They create unique workspaces for teams to set their strategies and make roadmaps visual.
Aha! builds, sells, and supports roadmap software that helps users to put goals and initiatives into a visual form. It lets different teams link their roadmaps to real work, capture ideas in one place, estimate efforts required to finalize the project, and see what resources are available.
Aha! software also gives the opportunity to report on the information entered without duplicating data in spreadsheets.
As of now, the company can boast of 5,000 companies and 300,000 users who create strategic plans using their software.
Aha! is an entirely distributed company. Their team members work from various locations in the U.S. and from abroad. Every 6 months they get together for company offsites where they review their goals, track progress, and enjoy some delicious meals.
Benefits the company provides:
- meaningful salaries;
- profit-sharing once a year;
- contributions for retirement;
- 401 (k) program for US teammates;
- annual contributions of compensation towards retirement (possibility make voluntary pre-tax contributions as well)
- multiple options for medical, dental, and vision plans, the possibility to choose the plan that best fits your and your family needs;
- generous paid vacation, holidays, parental, and bereavement leave;
- savings programs in place for people who work from international locations;
- personal time off for life’s big events;
- every new hire gets a five- to eight-week onboarding program to learn the market, the product, and the team;
- an annual education stipend to enroll in job-related classes and programs.
- financial support for nonprofits chosen by teammates through Aha! Cares.
Rate This Company ( 5 average based on 3 Reviews )
The review may sound a biased, but I can't think of any cons or at least negative moments I experienced during my work at Aha! There is a strong feeling of together-ness within the team and so much joy and comradeship.
I've been with the Aha! team for a bit less than a year and I learned more than during my whole life. The on-boarding processes are amazing, you get to know the product in such a detail and in a very short period of time. Love the way team-mates treat each other, though we work remotely, it still feels like working very closely together and doing one important thing.
Working remotely is awesome, miss personal communication from time to time though. All the processes are very transparent, so one needs to be ready to show not only the final result, but the whole workflow.