As a smaller company, each of our developers has an important role to play – at SimplyAnalytics, you are not just another cog in the wheel, you are an integral member of our team. You will be working on valuable features and making key decisions that impact the direction of the application and the satisfaction of our users. In addition, we provide an excellent work-life balance, with 100% remote work, 20 personal days off, flexible work hours, a collaborative work environment, and quarterly “professional development days” to explore and share your interests with the rest of the team.
We're looking for a PHP Developer to take on an important role in the development and maintenance of our cutting edge analytics and data visualization application. You'll be developing and maintaining production-quality in-house tools and customer-facing features within a large shared code base.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a high level of attention to detail, is comfortable asking questions, enjoys working with talented colleagues, and has an interest in analytics and data visualization.
This is a 100% remote position, our developers can live and work anywhere in Canada or the United States. This is a full-time salaried position.
- Design, develop, and test features, both in-house and customer-facing
- Write high-quality, clean, scalable, maintainable code
- Contribute ideas for new features or improvements to existing features
- Assist colleagues through code review, collaboration, and troubleshooting
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Advanced PHP skills and 3+ years of experience working with large PHP codebases
- Comfortable using Linux CLI
- Solid experience with PostgreSQL
- Intermediate relational database and data manipulation skills
- Experience with development on large OOP software projects
- Thorough understanding of API design principles
- Python experience
- Experience using AWS services
- Familiarity with PSR standards
- Experience with geospatial demographic, business, marketing, or health data
- Experience with PostGIS